- Knots 3D Demo
- Knots 3D App
Knots 3D App
Knots 3D, our popular how-to knot app, will give you a whole new perspective on knots! Have you ever wondered what a knot looks like rotated 40° or maybe 90°? Or maybe you want to see what a Trilene knot or Constrictor knot looks like from the back? Use your finger to spin the knot and see how it looks from any angle in 3D!
Choose from 101 different knots and see how they’re tied in incredible detail. Watch the knot draw itself or use your finger to tie and untie the knot. Its easy to see where the virtual rope goes in and out and around. (Something about a rabbit and a hole and a tree right? ) Zoom in on the knot to get a closer look or flip it around for another perspective. Can your old school knot app do that?!
FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
- Learn to tie 101 unique knots
- Full localization/translation in over dozen languages: English, Arabic (عقدة), Chinese (绳结)(simplified and traditional), Danish (Knob og Stik), Dutch (Knopen), French (Nœuds), German (Knoten), Hebrew (קשרים), Italian (Nodi), Japanese (ノット), Korean (매듭 앱), Norwegian (Knop og Stikk), Polish (Węzły), Portuguese (Nós), Russian (узлы), Spanish (Nudos), Swedish (Knopar) and Turkish (Düğümler ve Bağlar)
- Interact with the knot on screen via mult-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
- High res graphics for tablet displays
- Useable in landscape or portrait orientation
- Alternate knot names (synonyms) and ABOK numbers
- Hyperlinks for navigating between related knots
- Browse knots by category or search by name
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots 360 degrees to view them from any angle
- Completely self contained offline — Requires absolutely NO PERMISSIONS!
- Ad Free!
Each 3D knot has detailed reference information including tying pointers, strength and reliability, structural info, and Ashley reference numbers (ABoK) and occasionally the history behind the knot.
Perfect for teaching large groups on a big screen TV or projector using AirPlay and an Apple TV.
Knots 3D includes 101 Knots with common ones such as the Bowline and Sheet Bend along with more complicated knots such as the Monkey’s Fist and Jury Mast Knot. The entire list of knots can be found here: Knot List
KNOTS 3D REVIEWS
Very Useful – ★★★★★
Great guide for knot how to’s. 3D ability puts it to the top compared to others. Nice job dev’s.
Nicely Done – ★★★★★
This app is really nicely done. I actually don’t have much need to learn or use knots, but I am so impressed with the presentation in this app that it motivates me to want to learn them, just so I can use it. Good job!
Great App – ★★★★★
I really like this app, I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills is a must and this app helps keep me knot prepared. The zoom and step through the knot using a finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (Universal App). Available now on iTunes App Store.